The double protection pads have been developed specifically for people with bunions but also with pain under the foot, at the level of the metatarsal heads. This pain can be associated with corns, calluses, redness or even burns.
Do you find that bunions and plantar pain go hand in hand? No surprise there: when the deformity is severe enough, the big toe is no longer able to perform its intended supporting function. Pressure is then shifted onto the base of the 2nd and 3rd toes. In these areas of excessive pressure, the consequences are quickly felt: hard skin forms and calluses develop and walking becomes painful. The aim is then to protect the bony outgrowth or “bunion” but also to redistribute the pressure under the foot. This is the purpose of EPITACT® double protection cushioned pads.
Please note: Double protection cushioned pads are only protectors. They are not intended to correct hallux valgus.
Prevent and alleviate pains under the ball of the foot (calluses, overheating, standing for long periods, etc.) as well as pains caused by excessive frictions against bunions.
- Do not use on unprotected wound.
- Persons suffering from arthritis, diabetes, polyneuritis, lower limb neuropathy or varicose ulcers: never use the product on a wound, monitor the condition of your foot during use, and in all cases seek advice from your doctor or chiropodist. The strap may cause friction between the two toes. This solution should therefore be avoided by diabetics suffering from neuropathy.
WHAT IT IS USED FOR
- Patented by chiropodists, Epithelium 26® is an effective substitute for natural plantar pad. Indeed, thanks to its mechanical properties, this silicone gel replaces the natural weakened foot pad that caused pains: distributes efficiently your body weight over the whole of your foot.
- The presence of Epithelium 26® in the plantar area and in contact with bunions (in a thin layer) allows the Double Protection Cushions to alle- viate pain instantly without exerting additional pressure.
Double Protection Cushions provide protection and do not correct Hallux valgus.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- Wear directly against the skin.
- The printed side of the device should be in contact with the plantar pad. Do not turn over.
- Slip your foot into the cushion and place the retaining tab between your big toe and your second toe.
- For maximum comfort, wear tights, socks or stockings over it. These should be large enough to avoid feet compression.
- Machine-washable at 30°C in the washing net provided or hand-wash (without scrubbing).
- Leave to dry naturally. Do not iron.
COMPOSITION: 85% silicone, 15% polyamide/elastane fabric.
The materials used have passed all the regulatory tests required by ISO standard 10993-1 relating to products that come into contact with the skin. If an incident occurs, stop using the product immediately and inform MILLET Innovation.
Millet Innovation cannot be held responsible for failure to use the product in accordance with the manufacturerʼs recommendations.
Double protection cushioned pads are available in sizes S, M and L.
See the size guide below.