Epitact® has created a hallux valgus protector that contains a disc of Epithelium 26® gel, which limits pressure and rubbing of the bunion. This means that it relieves pain and prevents the formation of calluses.
Do you suffer from a bunion? Even if the deformity is only slight, wearing shoes very quickly becomes painful. The pinching from shoes leads to pain at the bony outgrowth and hard skin develops due to pressure and rubbing. At this point it is crucial to place a support between the shoe and the bunion that will redistribute the load and relieve pain. This is the purpose of the Epithelium 26® silicone gel that is built into the EPITACT® hallux valgus protector.
Please note: This device is only for protection and it is not intended to correct hallux valgus. If your big toe is still moving inwards, the hallux valgus corrector orthotic could help to slow the progression of this deformity.
- To prevent pain caused by pressure or excessive friction on bunions.
- Do not use on an open wound.
- Persons with arteritis, diabetes, polyneuritis, peripheral neuropathy, or foot ulcers: consult your physician or chiro- podist before application and monitor your foot during use.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- The hallux valgus protection pad should be worn next to the skin, on the right or left foot.
- Slip your foot into the protection pad, putting your big toe in the tubular part. The Epithelium 26® gel module should be placed on the hallux valgus.
- To help the protection pad to remain in position, wear tights, socks or stockings over it.
WHAT IT IS USED FOR
-Patented by chiropodists, Epithelium 26® is a silicone gel with similar pressure distribution properties to those of human subcutaneous tissue.
- For “bunions“, the thin module of Epithelium 26® enables the hallux valgus protection to effectively minimize impin- gement pain but without additional pressure.
- Hallux valgus protections are for protective purposes only; they are not designed to correct the bunion.
- Machine-washable at 30°C in the washing net provided or hand-wash (without scrubbing).
- Leave to dry naturally. Do not iron.
COMPOSITION : 39% silicone, 61% polyamide/elastane fabric.
The materials used have passed all the regulatory tests required by ISO standard 10993-1 relating to products that come into contact with the skin. If an incident occurs, stop using the product immediately and inform MILLET Innovation.
Millet Innovation cannot be held responsible for failure to use the product in accor- dance with the manufacturerʼs recommendations.
The hallux valgus protector is available in sizes S, M and L. See the size guide below.